Tonight is breakfast for dinner night, so there will be a new pancake happening in my kitchen!
Until then, we have banana walnut pancakes. I especially liked these with honey instead of syrup. The original recipe called for buttermilk, but I substituted soy milk, and they came out delicious just the same.
Banana Walnut Pancakes
Adapted from yumsugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large egg, brought to room temp
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 cups soy milk
1 large or 2 small ripe bananas, smashed with fork
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg melted butter and then the milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet mixture into the well and whisk.
- Stir in bananas and be careful not to over mix.
- Pour on to hot griddle or pan and sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Flip once edges are almost cooked and bubbles begin to appear.