header/navigation

LLLHeader2
Lavnav2_v4

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bow Boot Cuffs

I have a girly boot cuff pattern for you. Christmas is coming, whip up a few sets of these in different colors in an afternoon!

Bootcuff1

Untitled

Bow Boot Cuffs

Skill level
Beginner

Finished size
Width: Make to fit your calf! Mine pictured is 4 3/4 wide
Length: About 4 inches
Bow: 3 inches wide

Supplies
Worsted weight yarn (For mine, my one skien of Simply Soft will make many sets of boot cuffs)
5 mm crochet hook
Yarn needle

Skills
Ch - Chain
Sl st - Slip stitch
Sc - Single crochet
Dc - Double crochet
Sk - Skip

Instructions

Cuff
Make 2

Ch 36
Or enough to fit around your calf with a little bit of stretch, and sl st to join. Rows 1 - 7 are worked in continuous spirals. Use a stitch marker in the last stitch of each row to keep track of how many rows you work.
Row 1 - 7: Sc in each around until piece is approximately 1 1/2 inches tall, or more until piece reaches your desired height
Row 8: *2 dc in next sc, ch 1, sk 2, repeat from * around
Row 9: Ch 2, turn, dc in next ch space, *ch 1, sk 2 dc, 2 dc in next ch space, repeat from * around, sl st to join
Row 10 - 13: Repeat row 9 (or until desired height is reached)
Fasten off and weave in ends

Bow
Make 2

Ch 25, sl st to join
Row 1 - 5: Sc in each around
Fasten off and weave in ends

Bow Center
Make 2

Ch 7
Row 1: Sc into 2nd ch from hook and in each across
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in each across
Fasten off and leave tail long enough to sew on bow

Assembly

Wrap the bow center around the bow and sew it tightly to cinch the bow in the center. Sew bow on to back of cuff at center, and on both ends.


Bootcuff2

13 comments:

  1. Hello! I came across this pattern just love it! I am the editor of AllFreeCrochet.com and would love to feature your tutorial on my site with full credit to you. I know my readers would love it as well, and in return would generate some nice traffic to your site. If you agree and would like us to feature your project, our readers will simply click the link to your blog to get your full tutorial. It's really that simple. Please let me know if this would be ok. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Jenny
    Jbenoit@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO cute!!! And I think I have your exact same pair of boots.... totally gonna make some now :) Perfect for the girly-hipster look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!!!!! I've been looking for a new unique boot cuff design! Thanks!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could pin it on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I should add a pinterest button! Until then, you can always follow me on pinterest if you like. Here is my crochet inspiration board! http://pinterest.com/couldbekim/crochet-inspiration/

      Kim

      http://loopsoflavender.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  6. I will be making these tonight!!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Perfect girly touch. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had a pair of boots. but well I know a great person that has lots of boots and these would be a great gift for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be making these this weekend, they are FABULOUS. And we have the winter season coming up here. Aren't you clever!? Thank you for sharing, it's people like you who make the crocheting crafty world go round :-)
    Jill, Cape Town x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute. My fifteen year old thought so too. She said it would be really cute to have a matching hat. I am not good at creating patterns. Would you consider making one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would consider making a matching hat pattern! Please check back soon!

      Kim

      http://loopsoflavender.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  11. These boot cuffs are adorable! I love the bows. xoxo

    ReplyDelete