header/navigation

LLLHeader2
Lavnav2_v4

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Envy: Colored Denim

This is a trend I've had my eye on for awhile. I had to warm up to it. When I first started seeing colored denim it seems like they were all bright bright bright! I'm in search of a great dark red pair like these below, or a fun purple or really saturated blue. And I love the lavender pencil skirt.

denimred denimlavender
denimcoral denimpurple

Here's how to wear them and look like a grown up. :oD



  1. Monochromatic: Meaning different shades of the same color. This would work well for brown or red denim I think.
  2. Pop: Let the denim be your pop of color and keep the rest of your outfit neutral (gray, brown, navy, etc.)
  3. Complementary: This means colors that are opposite that will actually pair well together, and make you look edgy. :o) Like blue and orange, purple and yellow. Or less drastic like green and yellow (that's actually called analogous, but you get the idea).
I also looked found some websites to guide you from people far more knowledgeable than me! This site includes photos and also a tip for printed denim. Lots of inspirational photos here, plus I love the brightly colored shoes. And here's a blog post with yellow denim that looks great with brown boots and shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment