But really, how many photos do you need for me to convince you they'll be delicious? They're Chambord chocolate cupcakes, everyone wins.
The recipe came from Ming Makes Cupcakes, which isn't really updated anymore, but I have never had a cupcake failure with any of her recipes. I've made them my own go-to recipes, and they only yield about 10 - 12 cupcakes per batch, which I think is perfect.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chambord Chocolate Frosting
From Ming Makes Cupcakes
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
3 T berry jam
3 tsp Chambord liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a cupcake pan with liners
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and add vanilla and egg.
- Add milk and flour mixture alternately while still mixing.
- Mix in jam and liqueur.
- Pour into lined cupcake pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
For the frosting
1 stick butter
5 heaping T cocoa
1 lb confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1/8 cup Chambord
- In a saucepan, melt butter at low temperature.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa and sugar.
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and milk and beat at low speed until mixed.
- Mix in Chambord.
- Frost cupcakes generously and top (or fill) with a dollop of jam.