I'll keep them in the freezer and Dave and I will heat them up in the toaster oven all week for breakfast. Also if you're one of those psychos who eats breakfast in your car on your way to work, these are a good grab-and-go meal.
Not like anyone needs a recipe for french toast, but here's how I made mine!
French Toast Sticks
1 8 inch round loaf of rustic bread
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slice the bread into about 3/4 - 1 inch slices. Then slice them in half length-wise, then again width-wise so you get 3 - 4 inch sticks... You know what I mean, just slice the bread.
- Preheat skillet over low medium heat on the stove.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon to a nice wide bowl and beat together.
- Dredge each slice of bread in the egg mixture and place in the pan.
- Let cook about 1 - 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with honey or syrup.
I made a nifty fruit salad to go with mine for breakfast today.