These cookies are good for your dog because 1) dogs love peanut butter and 2) the safflower oil is good for their skin and coat 3) they're homemade! So you know what's in them.
Peanut Butter Stars for Pooches
3/4 cups water
1/4 cup safflower oil
1 medium eggs
6 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400° F and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flours, cornmeal, and oats in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the water, oil, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Gradually add the flour mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough at a time to about 1/4 inch thick (if you're making large dog treats, roll the dough to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness)
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and placed on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake about 12 - 15 min for small cookies and up to 20-25 minutes for thicker cookies
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving to your puppers.